Holding Reserved Babies Ready To Go To New Homes
We hold our babies for two weeks after the date of deposit or anticipated ready-to-go date” if deposit is made prior to weaning with no additional charge. The later of the two dates applies.
- There are several reasons we believe it is important to get babies into new homes as soon as possible
- Babies are cuter than adolescent hedgehogs. It is often seen that people see younger babies and wish that they were taking home a younger, smaller pet.
- The longer we hold a baby past the weaned and ready to go date the fewer options for substitutions are available.
- We have limited space available and keeping babies into “adolescents” presents housing challenges for us.
- The longer we hold babies the more cost we incur as a breeder. We do our best to keep our prices low and our price is set at the care and upkeep of a baby.
- We try to be fair and consistent and have the same policy for everyone!
- We are happy to care for a hedgehog longer than two weeks for $2.00 per day. The care and upkeep charge will be required to be paid in ADVANCE for hedgehogs not picked up within two weeks of the determined target pick-up date.
- If after 2 weeks the hedgehog still has not been picked up, the hedgehog will be marked as available and the deposit will be retained.
- If we contact the customer (whether via phone or email), they are expected to respond within 2 calendar days.
- If the customer does not respond, it will be assumed that they are forfeiting their deposit and the hedgehog will be marked as available.
- We understand that some of our customers are not able to rearrange their plans and need to pick up their baby on the target pick up date.
- Please be advised that Millermeade Farms cannot be responsible for any negative impact from not following our advice.