- Some hedgehogs do not display outward signs of affection, while others can be quite affectionate toward their owners.
- Hedgehogs do not typically come when called or actively seek out human interaction.
- They are NOT like cats and dogs, whose personalities shows of affection vary drastically. You may be sadly disappointed with a hedgehog if you are looking for an attention-seeking and affection-giving pet.
- Your hedgehog may not even greet you or seem happy when you wake it up to take it out of its cage.
- The average hedgehog is content to do its own thing and may not show any outward sign that it even cares about your existence unless you have a treat in hand.
- Despite their somewhat solitary nature, they can become very affectionate with their owners and will even enjoying watching TV with you or just snuggling in your lap.
VIDEO.: Solitary but affectionate.