What Happens During Your Appointment?
The first thing we will do when you come is that we will give you an orientation to the nature of hedgehogs and how their uniqueness is important in the way you handle your new pet.
- We do have a chairs but be prepared to sit on the floor to handle the hedgehog babies for the most fun! Baby hedgehogs are not afraid of falling and for the safety and comfort of both hedgehogs and humans we sit on the floor while playing with the babies.
- When you reserve a specific hedgehog with a deposit you will have the opportunity to handle that baby and at least two other baby before making your final purchase decision.
- When you do not have a deposit on a specific baby we cannot guarantee specific animal availability or have advance notice of exactly which babies will be available at the time of your purchase.
- We will work with you and give you handling tips and instructions to help you feel confident and capable of handling your new pet.
- Preparing for your visit by reading our information guides will help us focus on your questions when you get here.
- Some of the topics we will discuss include but are not limited to:
- Hedgehog senses and how their senses play a part in the way they like to be handled
- How to pick up and hold your hedgehog
- How to understand hedgehog “language”
- Recognizing the time to pet and how to pet your hedgehog What hedgehogs eat in the wild and the correlation to captive hedgehog diets
- Optimal temperatures
- Veterinary care requirements
- Cages, accessories, and bedding
- We do have a significant amount information online so the more you prepare for your visit the better.
- Once you select your pet you will then be able to shop for our full line of hedgehog supplies.
- We work hard at providing excellent products at great prices. We certainly appreciate your support of our families by shopping with us.